The average household spends about $2100 a year on energy bills, and half of that goes to heating and cooling. Installing a programmable thermostat and maintaining your settings could save you about $180 a year. When determining the appropriate thermostat, you should consider the flexibility you need from day to day. There are two options:
7-day programming – Allows you to program each day of the week separately. This option is perfect for today’s busy family with different schedules every day.
5-2 programming – Allows you to set a standard program during the week while you’re at work and another program for the weekends when you’re spending more time at home.
Honeywell RedLINK™ Wireless Comfort System Thermostats
- Connects any RedLINK™ Comfort System to the Internet with remote access from your PC, smart phone or tablet
- No monthly fee, free app download
- View/change system settings and access multiple systems/zones
- Allows you to remotely monitor and control your heating and cooling systems, including whole-house humidifiers – at anytime, from anywhere
- Provides over 90 alerts through the Total Connect website
- Upgrades automatically as new features become available
Nest Learning Thermostat
The Nest Learning Thermostat learns about you and your home to automatically turn itself down when you’re away, guide you to energy-efficient temperatures when you’re home, and free you from programming hassles by creating a customized temperature schedule. With heating and cooling accounting for approximately 45%—or more than $1,500 per year—of the average household energy bill, Nest can make a noticeable difference by helping you reduce your energy consumption. Just answer a few setup questions, make a week’s worth of temperature adjustments, and Nest takes it from there.
Key Features of Nest
- Keeps you comfortable. With Auto-Schedule, Nest learns your personal schedule and temperature preferences and Nest continues to refine its schedule over time.
- Helps you save. Nest saves energy with both automatic Nest-exclusive energy saving features and by giving you the information you need to make better energy-consumption choices.
- Auto-Away™ – When Nest’s built-in sensors detect that no one is home, Auto- Away automatically lowers the temperature.
- Airwave™ – Your AC continues to cool the air around it for 5 to 10 minutes after it’s off. When humidity in your home is low and the weather’s hot, Airwave automatically turns the air conditioner off a few minutes early, then uses the fan to spread that cold air through your home. This Nest exclusive can save up to 30% on your cooling costs.
- Energy History – See whether your energy use has increased or decreased compared to the previous week, and understand the cause of that change (your adjustment, Away, or the weather).
- The Nest Leaf – Nest tracks the temperatures you typically set and guides you to more energy-efficient ones, displaying the Leaf as a reward when you choose a more energy-efficient temperature.
- Control from anywhere. Connect Nest to your home’s Wi-Fi to control it from your laptop, Smartphone or tablet. Change the temperature, adjust your schedule and check your energy history remotely.
- Simple to use. Rotate the outer ring to adjust the temperature. The display turns blue when cooling and orange when heating. Push down to open the menu.
Convenient installation options. If you’re comfortable changing a light fixture, you can install Nest. In fact, most Nest owners install Nest themselves, in less than 30 minutes. Or if you prefer, we are the certified professionals that can help install your Nest as well. Call for details on install pricing.