1. Fuel-use efficiency
- Furnaces energy rating are based on their AFUE ratings. (annual fuel utilization efficiency) this refers to the percentage of the fuel your furnace consumes that is actually converted to useable heat. In areas where winter temperatures routinely plunge below zero, you’ll want to purchase a furnace with a AFUE rating of 92% or better. High efficiency furnaces can carry ratings as high as 97-98% which deliver amazing levels of energy savings over the course of its lifespan.
2. Furnace operating speed
- Your choices are furnaces with Single-Speed blower motors, which (as the name implies) run at the same speed all the time. Or, the Variable-Speed blower motors, which adjust the intensity of their operation based on changes in the weather. Variable- Speed furnaces that adjust their pace of heat production up or down as outdoor temperatures rise and fall will consume less fuel and cost less to operate, while still keeping you warmer and comfortable at all time.
3. Programmable thermostats
- Programmable thermostats can add to the reduction of energy usage. (as much as 8% to 18%) The new thermostats of today will give you many other options such as, Wi-Fi where you can control your thermostat from your phone or other devices. Also there are options where you can control your whole house humidifier and see the humidity levels in your home.
4. Indoor air quality
- In combination with your new furnace, make sure you have a whole house Humidifier. Proper humidification of your home can eliminate the dry nose and throat, itchy skin and annoying electrical shocks in the winter time. Not to mention, your home is your castle! Protect your investment. Proper humidity also helps preserve electronic equipment, plants, musical instruments and hard wood floors. The other piece to Indoor air quality is the proper Air Filter. Air purification will remove dust particles made of dead skin and remove microscopic dust mites. As well as, protecting your Heating and cooling system.
5. Your HVAC Contractor
- Gustafson Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. is a family-owned and operated company. For more than 47 years, we’ve been committed to quality service. Gustafson Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. works to develop employees and encourages them to use their skills and talents to the best of their ability. Our “NATE certified service technicians Can handle all your HVAC needs. Their ongoing training keeps us on the cutting edge in our industry, combined with their daily experience in the field makes them more valuable every day.
Are you ready to buy a new furnace?
Please call Gustafson Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. to make a appointment for a full HVAC system inspection. We’ll discuss your options, like the best cost-effective equipment for your home. We also have cutting-edge solutions that can make your home more comfortable and reduce your utility costs. We will look to address the fundamental problems that mechanical HVAC design can have, and not just sell you the newest “latest and greatest”. CALL US TOADAY AT 303-900-4054.